Cynyster
Tutor

USB Not Auto-Mounting After Power Cycle.

I have a SanDisk USB3 64 Gig Thumb drive plugged into the USB3 port on the rear of my router. 

Everything works perfectly fine as long as I do not powercycle my router.

If I powercycle the router (after a configuration change or an update) the USB does not mount automatically.

All I have to do is unplug the thumb drive and re- plug-in the drive and it mounts fine and is almost immediately accessable.

My Question is:

Is there a way to have the drive auto-mount after a powercycle?

Or is this just a "Feature"Smiley LOL that I will have to wait for a fix sometime down the road.

Thanks

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2
IrvSp
Master

Re: USB Not Auto-Mounting After Power Cycle.

@Cynyster wrote:

All I have to do is unplug the thumb drive and re- plug-in the drive and it mounts fine and is almost immediately accessable.

My Question is:

Is there a way to have the drive auto-mount after a powercycle?

Or is this just a "Feature"Smiley LOL that I will have to wait for a fix sometime down the road.

Thanks

Welcome to the 'club'. Yup, from V1.0.4.28 and possibly the last f/w, this happens. I've got a 2TB external drive and it happens to it, but not all the time. I even have it happen on a re-boot via the GUI router page. I'd say 75% of the time I need to unplug/plug it back in. It always picks up immediately.

Maybe mine works 'more' because it is self-powered vs. a flash drive that isn't.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements