Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: USB Sticks connected to R8000 cannot copy large files - invalid file handle error

vinnynasoz
Aspirant

USB Sticks connected to R8000 cannot copy large files - invalid file handle error

I was trying to copy large .ISO files to the USB sticks connected to my R8000 WiFi router's USB ports. I have tried both USB ports and both give me the same error whenever I try to copy and paste a large file into them.

The error I get is "invalid file handle".

Does anyone know why this happens?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: USB Sticks connected to R8000 cannot copy large files - invalid file handle error

Hi vinnynasoz,

What is the format of your drive? Have you tried other USB drive and check other type of format like NTFS or FAT32. The reason as the drive may not support .ISO files.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi vinnynasoz,

What is the format of your drive? Have you tried other USB drive and check other type of format like NTFS or FAT32. The reason as the drive may not support .ISO files.

Message 2 of 5
vinnynasoz
Aspirant

You are right. The problem was my USB sticks were in FAT32 format. I formatted them to NTFS and it works perfectly.

Message 3 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi vinnynasoz,

Great to know it works fine now.

Message 4 of 5
VE6CGX
Master

The error message alredy gave you a pointer there, LOL!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7