Highlighted
Aspirant

USB access from IPad (ios RCloud app)

I succeed to have acces to the USB attached HDD (2T)external drive storage from my Ipad by using the ios RCloud app.

I also succeed to download  files including pictures from the extrnal HDD to my IPad.

However I don't see thumbnails as a preview function to select pictures to be downloaded.

Question: is it possible to get picture-thumbnails via my Wifi netwerk to my Ipad?

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: USB access from IPad (ios RCloud app)

Hello @BenZ

I can see a preview of all pictures as a thumbnail.

Can you try to create another folder in your HD and just put several pictures in it and see if it will show?

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 2 of 9
Highlighted
Aspirant

Hi Elaine.
I'am using the ios app 'Rmanager' now and it works for without any problem. So I can see on my Ipad all the pictures of the R7000 attached HD in thumbnail format.
Thanks for your response. I will check tour advise and keep you informed. Regards Gerben

Op 18 mei 2016 21:11 schreef "NETGE
Message 3 of 9
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Thanks @BenZ for the update.

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 4 of 9
Highlighted
Aspirant

I have the same issue, R7000 w/ a segate 5 Tb drive connected, folder full of pics, ReadyCloud loaded on my iPhone 6 and I can get to the files from the phone, open them, etc., but never get a thumbnail to display other than the default (blank). I have DLNA enabled on the router and firmware was upgraded yesterday to latest greatest...any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Virgil

Message 5 of 9
Highlighted
Aspirant

Hi Virgil
I use the ios app.: RManager
Works fine including tumbnail function both on my Iphone and Ipad
Regards
Ben
Message 6 of 9
Highlighted
Aspirant

Thanks! I'm pretty much technically ignorant so apologies in advance, but with this app can you get to these files when outside your home network?

V

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 7 of 9
Highlighted
Aspirant

I never felt the need to see my pics on internet so I have no experience with that. I read something about the ios app called 'kwilt' that should be able to see your pics via internet in a user friendly way.
May you should try it
Best Regards
Message 8 of 9
Highlighted
Aspirant

Just a follow up--I enabled Media Streaming on my PC last night (Win 10 64 bit Home) and turned on HomeGroup and now I get the thumbnails (at least I get them for jpg's, still no thumbnails for the png's, so that's an unsolved conundrum).  I'm trying to get it set up so when we are visiting relatives my wife can go through ALL our pictures and show them to whoever she wants and share them at will (hence the need for not being on the home network).  Thanks for the tips though.

Virgil

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements