USB no longer works

conroyw
Guide

USB no longer works

The USB connected to my router is no longer visible to plex running on the system.  I tried putting in another new usb key into the device and it also is not seen.  My Plex in this configuration worked a couple of months ago when I left for vacation.  My router is running firmware 1.0.4.2 which it auto upgraded while I was out of town.  Any suggestions to get it running?

Model: R8900|Nighthawk X10—AD7000 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
conroyw
Guide

Re: USB no longer works

I also can see the USB key in the ReadyShare screen.  However when I try to connect to the share from ReadyShare it fails to connect.

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 2 of 7
IrvSp
Master

@conroyw wrote:

I also can see the USB key in the ReadyShare screen.  However when I try to connect to the share from ReadyShare it fails to connect.

What OS are you using?

Did it change since last time it worked, an upgrade maybe to the OS?

I don't have an R9000 but what do you mean by 'USB KEY'?

Message 3 of 7
conroyw
Guide

USB key is term for memory stick.  Os is native to router firmware is 1.0.4.2

Message 4 of 7
IrvSp
Master

@conroyw wrote:

USB key is term for memory stick.  Os is native to router firmware is 1.0.4.2

Ahh, I usually them 'thumb drive', 'flash drive', or 'usb stick'. No matter, know what you mean now.

By OS I meant the PC or device (tablet, phone) Operation System (OS). The reason being is that Windows 10 Creator and above version installs have deleted on some systems SMB1. For Win10 to see shares SMB1 has to be eanbled.

If on Windows 10, there are some ways to test for this.

Both require you to open a  CMD prompt.

• Run NET VIEW. Do you see the share? If yes, SMB1 is running and that is not the reason for this.
  • This one requires the CMD prompt be run as an Administrator. Enter POWERSHELL and then  enter  Get-WindowsOptionalFeature –Online –FeatureName SMB1Protocol. That will show if you have it running or not.

Not on W10 or on a Mac or using a tablet or phone, sorry, I can't tell you why.

Message 5 of 7
conroyw
Guide

My computer is a Mac running the current Mac OS 

Message 6 of 7
conroyw
Guide

Turned Plex for a few days and now the usb on the Plex applications shows the USB drive plugged in.  Once I enabled the Plex application, the Plex application reports a USB is no longer connected.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E