Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

USB wont connect to Wifi Internet BUT connects to Hotspot

InternetProb9
Follower

USB wont connect to Wifi Internet BUT connects to Hotspot

So i bought this Wifi usb adapter 2 months ago froom walmart because my last logitech usb all of a sudden messed up

I've tried everything from messing with the properties on the "network connections tab" - "configure" i downloaded a driver from 

(( https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/NETWORK-CARD/NETGEAR/Netgear-A6210-WiFi-Adapter-Driver-1-0-0-32.sh... ))

I had to try and find an alternative way to download a driver because everytime I'd insert the CD I'd install genie which is broken and just gives me headaches.. It changed the name to "802.11ac Wireless LAN Card #2" The problem is The usb connects to the "Router" but I dont get internet access I've tried restarting my router and i still get nothing but the weird thing is I can connect to my "iPhone HotSpot" and the stick all of a sudden works.. so  as i type this its my last hope to finding help if not ill swing by bestbuy and find a better solution.. I figured why not post on netgear forum and see if i can get help before i do..

I't was working at one point for a good while then it just bugged out and stopped working 

I don't know what to do anymore 

I left an image of the product purchased in the attachments 

Thank you for reading and trying to help Bless you

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 2

Re: USB wont connect to Wifi Internet BUT connects to Hotspot

Forget about the CD. Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

That page will also have any software, firmware and drivers for your device.

@InternetProb9 wrote:

The usb connects to the "Router" but I dont get internet access I've tried restarting my router and i still get nothing but the weird thing is I can connect to my "iPhone HotSpot" and the stick all of a sudden works..

It is hard to unravel that sentence – too much going on – but it sounds like your USB adapter is working but your Windows (?) PC is getting in the way. That's where to look for a solution.

Start with this:

Fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7