Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to Access Internet

lyfizgood
Aspirant

Unable to Access Internet

No matter what I have tried, I cannot get my new Netgear Nighthawk to connect to the Internet. I do not use a smartphone, so I accessed the router from my PC browser and went through the install process. But it just will not connect to the Internet. I have had to re-install my old Netgear router just to get back online. Any suggestions before I just return this router would be greatly appreciated.

TYI!

Model: RS400|Nigthhawk AC2300 Cybersecurity WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
lyfizgood
Aspirant

Re: Unable to Access Internet

Just wanted to thank everyone for your suggestions. Turned out my ISP guy was able to resolve the issue. The problem was with the cable modem. Problem is all resolved now, and my router is working like a champ!

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies

What modem sits in front of this thing?

Message 2 of 6
labatt
Mentor

There is a process that should be followed when a new router is installed. 

1. Turn off/unplug the modem and the router. 

2. Power up JUST the modem and wait for it to stablize, about 5 minutes. Can tell by watching lights normally

3 Power up the router and if not connected to the modem connect it.

4. After the router is up you should have Internet. 

You can download the user manual by going to this site and put in your router model. Will go to page where you can download the manual. Also were you can download firmware should you want to.

https://www.netgear.com/support/

I personally hate the apps. You can manage the router directly via a PC/MAC and using a browser. Open browser and put in the routers IP address, normally 192.168.1.1. That should take you to the login screen. 

Message 3 of 6
lyfizgood
Aspirant

Thank you. But I have already done that a few times now. And although I can access the router via my PC, once the setup process is done, I have no Internet connection. I am now to the point of having someone from my ISP make a house call. I am waiting now to see when they can come to help me. Things like this use to easy for me. Not sure why this is so hard to get running properly. But I am older now and fighting cancer for the second time. So maybe it is just the meds, but I really need to get this working.

Thank you again for trying to help.
Message 4 of 6
lyfizgood
Aspirant

Just wanted to thank everyone for your suggestions. Turned out my ISP guy was able to resolve the issue. The problem was with the cable modem. Problem is all resolved now, and my router is working like a champ!

Message 5 of 6
labatt
Mentor

Glad things are working for you. 

Thanks for updating with the fix so others might learn. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7