Unable to Access Routerlogin.net

777jericho
Follower

Unable to Access Routerlogin.net

I have an R7000 nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WIFI Router.....

After setting up my Netgear Nighthawk router I could get WiFi access on all three of my home computers and are showing they are on a secured network.

When directed to the routerlogin.net webpage https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/routerlogin.aspx., 
I am getting the following message;

"You are not connected to your Router’s WiFi network. To access routerlogin.net, your device must be connected to your Router’s WiFi network. Check your current connection and try again."

When then attempting to go to the Router login page cannot be displayed to find out more information, I rfecieve a message that my Connection is not private and it redirects me back to the page I was on previously.

I have three ROKU 4 devices that I can't connect to this router unless I can get access to the genie through the routerlogin.net webpage?
I have followed every step on other discussions to no avail....

My other router presented no problems when reinstalling it and have access to all three of my ROKU devices and computers. I just don't get it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
TheEther
Guru

Re: Unable to Access Routerlogin.net

The router is designed to intercept DNS queries to routerlogin.com and respond with its own IP address.  This is a clever but confusing trick by Netgear.  In order for it to work, the device that is attempting to log into the router must be connected to either the router's Wi-Fi network or LAN port.  

The alternative is to use the router's IP address to log in.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E