Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to access router

Volcar21
Tutor

Unable to access router

Hi Folks,

I recently acquired a Nighthawk - AC1900 WIFI Cable Modem Router(C7000v2) for use with Xifinity ISP. The modem is working fine so far; however, I am unable to access the unit in order to check whether it has the current firmware etc. Whenever, I attempt to log on to the router using the default login user name and password i.e. admin and password I keep receiving an error message that the password is incorrect. Consequently, I am using this medium to solicit any suggestion and or advice on how I should proceed in order to resolve this problem. Any and all comments will be greatly appreciated.

Model: C7000-1AZNAS|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Unable to access router

It wouldn't be the first device that was bought/setup/returned and resold. 

Try factory resetting it. Push and hold reset while powered on for 7-15 seconds. the lights should change when held long enough

the default login is: admin

default password: password

they are case sensitive. 

I would warn you, the C7000 is a combo device. That means the ISP controls the firmware on it. it isn't user upgradable. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

It wouldn't be the first device that was bought/setup/returned and resold. 

Try factory resetting it. Push and hold reset while powered on for 7-15 seconds. the lights should change when held long enough

the default login is: admin

default password: password

they are case sensitive. 

I would warn you, the C7000 is a combo device. That means the ISP controls the firmware on it. it isn't user upgradable. 

Message 2 of 3
Volcar21
Tutor

Thanks for the timely response to my question and the information provided. It is greatly appreciated.

Model: C7000-1AZNAS|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7