Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to connect to 5GHz - (Nighthawk x6 AC3200 (r8000))

Boss930
Aspirant

Unable to connect to 5GHz - (Nighthawk x6 AC3200 (r8000))

I've recently bought a Nighthawk x6 AC3200 and everything is working all right, on my computer it shows 5GZ2, belkin.c48 and belkin.c48.media

I do not have any belkin routers or products? I have it connected to Telstra Gateway Modem which is NBN. When I try to connect to 5GZ2, it asks for a password, and it will not accept password provided???

Currently all it shows is bands above and I can not seem to get the genie app ( I am using a Mac)

Any idea as to why?

Thanks in advance!

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
William10a
Master

Re: Unable to connect to 5GHz - (Nighthawk x6 AC3200 (r8000))

I have up to 15 wifi networks within range of laptop's wifi scanning program and as few of 4 all depending on the time of day and weather so I do not worry them just fan to see the different names the best name I found is FBI mobile van one.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
William10a
Master

@Boss930 wrote:

I've recently bought a Nighthawk x6 AC3200 and everything is working all right, on my computer it shows 5GZ2, belkin.c48 and belkin.c48.media

I do not have any belkin routers or products? I have it connected to Telstra Gateway Modem which is NBN. When I try to connect to 5GZ2, it asks for a password, and it will not accept password provided???

Currently all it shows is bands above and I can not seem to get the genie app ( I am using a Mac)

Any idea as to why?

Thanks in advance!

How are you trying to log into the wired or wifi ?

The other wifi signals are more then likely from other routers around you.

Message 2 of 7
Boss930
Aspirant

Hi,

I am trying trough Wi Fi. Although I have it connected trough Airport (Mac) all lights show that there is internet, but I can't even log in to routerlogin.net as the password is not working.

Hope you have some ideas.

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 7
William10a
Master

@Boss930 wrote:

Hi,

I am trying trough Wi Fi. Although I have it connected trough Airport (Mac) all lights show that there is internet, but I can't even log in to routerlogin.net as the password is not working.

Hope you have some ideas.

Thanks again.

Wifi login use the information that came on a card with your router it is also on the label on the botom of the router or you could use a lan card to lan port on the router and connected to your computer lan port use your web browser type 192.168.1.1 when the request comes up asking for username and password enter admin for user name and password for the password if you can not the wifi log in information card. 

Message 4 of 7
Boss930
Aspirant

Hi,

Allthat sounds right, however, I can not connect trough LAN on the MAC as it still not showing up as a connection (Trough the Airport). As far as the Wi-Fi, there are no other routers or modems in the area that uses Belkin? Funny thing is, when I turn off the Netgear X6 all those wireless connections also dissappear!! So I am thinking that belkin.c48 and belkin.c48.media are part of the Netgear Wi-Fi. that is odd.

I am still hopefull.

Thanks

Message 5 of 7
William10a
Master

I have up to 15 wifi networks within range of laptop's wifi scanning program and as few of 4 all depending on the time of day and weather so I do not worry them just fan to see the different names the best name I found is FBI mobile van one.

Message 6 of 7
Boss930
Aspirant

Thanks,

we have solved that. Now I will try and connect to router log in.

wish me luck.

Cheers

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7