Unable to connect to internet

chuds
Follower

Unable to connect to internet

Hello,

I am trying to replace my old Linksys WRT300N router with my new Netgear AC1750 model R6700v2 router. I have Verizon DSL. However, I cannot seem to connect. After connecting to the router from my laptop, I go to www.routerlogin.net. After the installation assistant runs for a little bit, it tells me that it cannot connect to the internet. My old router has no problem connecting to the internet.

Model: R6700v2|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Unable to connect to internet

When you replace one router for another, it isn't a simple case of swapping out the hardware. You have to get the rest of the kit to forget the old associations and create the network from scratch.

You don't say what delivers the Verizon DSL, the modem, but the usual strategy is to reboot everything in the right order.

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug the modem.
  • Turn off the modem router and computers.
  • Plug in the modem and turn it on. Wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the modem router and wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the computers.

If that doesn't work you may have to factory reset whatever modem you have.

I assume that this unnamed modem is just that, and not a modem/router combination with a bunch of LAN ports on the back. If so, that complicates the picture.

After you have things set up, you can give the new wifi the same SSID and passwords as the one you are replacing. That will make life easier when connecting your existing wifi clients.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E