Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to connect to the settings page of my nighthawk AC1750 router

Tweedyboy
Aspirant

Unable to connect to the settings page of my nighthawk AC1750 router

Hello everyone, i am a desperate man, I have just bought a brand new Nighthawk R6400 AC1750 router model number R6700 but am having problems.  In an attempt to troubleshoot, I updated a firmware reset to factory defaults.  I am now trying to access the router so I can change the settings, but am unable to do so.  If I try using a browser to connect to www.routerlogin.net, it simply says "This page cannot be reached." If I go through the Genie app, "NETGEAR router is not found or is not supported."

Has anyone run into this issue before where Win10 simply wouldn't connect to the genie at all?  If so, how did you fix it? youtube videos & instructions that come with the router make it sound so easy.  My next step is to throw the router in the bin.

Thankyou in advance.

Message 1 of 4

Re: Unable to connect to the settings page of my nighthawk AC1750 router

It might help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

My money would be on that as a likely cause of your problems.

Message 2 of 4
Tweedyboy
Aspirant

Hi Micheal, thank you for that little golden nutmeg of information about how my router & modem should be connected & setup.

I am connected to a talktalk modem/super router, i have looked at the back of the router but there is no model number. so i am sorry i cant give you that information, I have my nighthawk router connected at the side of my modem so i dont know if there is any interfearence that way. I am connected to the internet using my modem & nighthawk connection, but my problem is that i cant accessIMG_20210829_193152.jpgIMG_20210829_193237.jpg my nighthawk routers settings page so i can make router settings, security mostly. Please see attached photos. The item in the middle of the left photo is a speaker.

Thank you in advance.

Message 3 of 4

@Tweedyboy wrote:

I am connected to a talktalk modem/super router, i have looked at the back of the router but there is no model number.

You have my sympathies. (I was once a customer.) 

Previously run by Dido "Queen of Carnage", the twerp who gave is track and trace. TalkTalk is a joke that and got fined for leaking customer details. It makes BT look good.

My guess is that TalkTalk provided a modem/router.(BT does the same thing.)

Does it do wifi and have a bunch of LAN ports on the back? (It may be some time before the images land. To ensure that you aren't posting anything naughty, a Netgear moderator has to approve the pictures. You can attach images to messages without any delay.)

Two routers are a pain.

This is what you have to look out for:

What is Double NAT? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

and

How to fix issues with Double NAT | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements