Unable to log in after updating firmware

bbelow
Aspirant

Unable to log in after updating firmware

After updating to V1.0.9.32_10.2.34, I can no longer get access to the router admin screens with IOS Wi-Fi devices.  They reject the password which is still set to the default admin/password.  If I go through the password recovery process, it gives me the correct user and password which are still not accepted. So I can't, for example, run Genie from my IPad.

From my Windows computers, which are all wired, everything works fine.  I switched one of them to WiFi and I could still log in to the router -- so I guess it has something to do logging in from IOS.

The configuration is straightforward: all devices are connected to the router via DHCP and the router is connected directly to the modem.

Any help appreciated.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9
IrvSp
Master

Re: Unable to log in after updating firmware

Did you try 'forget this network' on the iPad and try connecting as a new connection?

Message 2 of 9
bbelow
Aspirant

Yes, it makes no difference.

Message 3 of 9
IrvSp
Master

What is the exact error you are getting? Can you post a screenshot?

Message 4 of 9
bbelow
Aspirant

Here I am trying to log in from my IPad.  The same thing works if I log in from my Windows Genie.

Message 5 of 9
IrvSp
Master

???

No information there?

@bbelow wrote:

Here I am trying to log in from my IPad.  The same thing works if I log in from my Windows Genie.

Have no idea what you saw or what error was presented?
Message 6 of 9
bbelow
Aspirant

Image-1.jpg

Message 7 of 9
bbelow
Aspirant

Apparently, I don't know how to upload the screen shot.  It is a dialog with the message:

Login failed.  Please re-enter the correct admin password for your NETGEAR router.

OK

Message 8 of 9
IrvSp
Master

Picture is there now. Better to use the BROWSE button under the message input area to upload a single picture, it appear immediately.

Are you SURE you are going to the correct SSID?

Is the picture from an iPad? Doesn't look like it? What NG app are you using? Nighthawk or Genie? Did you try logging in with Safari?

Does the device you are using to try and login to the router have Internet access?

Slide the button to specify the IP Address ON and then enter 192.168.1.1 in for the address, does that work? Doesn't work, from a wired Windows PC open a CMD prompt and enter IPCONFIG /ALL and use for the IP Address the GATEWAY IP Address shown on the PC output.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements