Unable to login after reset WNR614 router

raja_skr
Aspirant

Unable to login after reset WNR614 router

Hello, 

Request your support 

after reset  i am unable to login router 

when i connect through 192.168.1.1

i get the page lenovo R3250 page with below message.

you are currently logged in from another device there can be only one device logged in at a time, if you log in from this device, the other device will be logged out, 

do you want to proceed ?, 

YES / EXIT 

if click yes its going to lenovo chinese langauge page

if click exit its going out 

how to solve this issue please help

Model: WNR614|N300 Wireless Router
Message 1 of 10

Re: Unable to login after reset WNR614 router

@raja_skr wrote:

after reset  i am unable to login router 

when i connect through 192.168.1.1

i get the page lenovo R3250 page with below message.

This suggests that you have two routers on the network. The WNR614 and the Lenovo R3250. That is why you can't get at the WNR614.

My guess is that before the reset, your WNR614 was set up as a wireless access point (AP).

I say guess because the WNR614 is an ancient (2014) router that may or may not have an easy "switch" in its browser graphical user interface (GUI) to turn it into an AP.

Tell us what is on your network and you might get better answers.

Message 2 of 10
raja_skr
Aspirant

Thanks for the response
Actually I have only one router WNR614
After reset when I connect that same router I am getting this Lenovo page and unable to access the normal router page
Message 3 of 10

@raja_skr wrote:
Thanks for the response
Actually I have only one router WNR614
After reset when I connect that same router I am getting this Lenovo page and unable to access the normal router page

That Lenovo page is coming from something.

I repeat:

Tell us what is on your network and you might get better answers.

Is there a modem in there somewhere?

Message 4 of 10
raja_skr
Aspirant

Sorry for couldn’t make clear explanation
Yes there is modem received from network provider from that lan output taken and given as input to netgear router,

But when i trying to connect my net gear router though 192.168.1.1 I am getting Lenovo page with Chinese letters ( as the picture I upload) even today tried to upgrade the firmware through tftp application but unsuccessful

Message 5 of 10

@raja_skr wrote:

Yes there is modem received from network provider from that lan output taken and given as input to netgear router,

What is that modem?

Modem and router work together. It is hard to diagnose what is happening in the WNR614 without knowing what sits in front of it.

Message 6 of 10
raja_skr
Aspirant

Thanks again
In the Chinese letters page I choosed the second option and able to access the router login page

Now I updated the firmware latest version

Currently able to access the router
But unable to connect internet in advanced internet port status Error
Message 7 of 10

What is that modem?

Message 8 of 10
raja_skr
Aspirant

Beetel 777VR1
Airtel boardband
Message 9 of 10

Is this what you have?

Beetel WiFi Router Model No. 777VR1 (NetWork Router)

If so it is a  modem/router. That is why you were asked about that at the beginning of this conversation, and several times in later messages. Having two routers may well explain why you have problems.

Two routers on your network can cause headaches. For example, you can end up with local address problems. Among other things, the other router can misdirect addresses that the Netgear router usually handles, such as routerlogin.net or the usual IP address for a router, 192.168.1.1.

This explains some of the other drawbacks.

What is Double NAT? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Unless you have specific reasons for using two routers – to create two separate networks for example – it is often easier to use just one router and then to set up the second router as a wifi access point. Netgear advises this, as does just about every site you will visit.

It may be possible to put the modem/router into modem only (bridge) mode and then to use the second device as the router. But some Internet service providers, such as BT in the UK, supply modem/routers that won't work in bridge mode.

beetel 777vr1 bridge mode configuration - Google Search

There may be other ways to get the modem/router to cooperate. Sometimes it is easier to put the second router into AP mode. But that has its own drawbacks:

Disabled Features on the Router when set to AP Mode | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7