Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to port forward on genie/R7000

Hawkeye1027
Aspirant

Unable to port forward on genie/R7000

I need to port forward for my security cameras, but the Port Forwarding option in NETGEAR genie is grayed-out and unavailable.  Is this because the router was marked as an access point in the initial setup, or is there another cause?  it's a typical home network setup: modem connected to wireless router, router connected to LAN and WAN.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: Unable to port forward on genie/R7000

Port forwarding is unavailable when the router is functioning as an Access Point.  Is your modem a pure modem or is a combination router and modem?  If it's the latter, then you need to set up port forwarding on it.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Port forwarding is unavailable when the router is functioning as an Access Point.  Is your modem a pure modem or is a combination router and modem?  If it's the latter, then you need to set up port forwarding on it.

Message 2 of 3
Hawkeye1027
Aspirant

I changed it to Router mode and now the Port Forwarding option is back on.  Yes, I have a combo modem/router so had to turn off both wifi channels and move all ethernet connections to the wifi router. I needed to do this anyway since I'm changing ISP's in three days and will be using a straight modem then.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7