Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unable to stream music from USB drive connected to R7000 after last software update

GRYnio
Aspirant

Unable to stream music from USB drive connected to R7000 after last software update

Hi Guys,

I am unable to stream music from USB 3TB plugged to USB3 port of R7000 via Naim ND5XS streamer after latest software update Firmware Version V1.0.9.88_10.2.88. Had no problems before the update. Router is wired to the streamer. Appreciate your assistance.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
IrvSp
Master

Re: Unable to stream music from USB drive connected to R7000 after last software update

Say 'thank you Netgear'. They decided to put Armour on the R7000 (and R8000 as well as other routers) and removed 'less used' features, like say Time Machine, Tivo, and DLNA Server.

If you want any of those features, roll back the f/w, and I'd suggest V1.0.9.42 as it seems to be the most stable. Of course you'll lose any fixes and security updates since then (that actually work) and have to stay on that f/w and lose all future fixes and enhancements, but Netgear knows what is best for you.

See https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/DLNA-OFFICIALLY-removed-from-R7000-on-latest.... As you can see in that thread, no official Netgear response either.

Armour I guess is an additional money stream for them so they don't care about what you use or why you bought the router. Shows you how much they value customers and why they bought the routers, doesn't it?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
IrvSp
Master

Say 'thank you Netgear'. They decided to put Armour on the R7000 (and R8000 as well as other routers) and removed 'less used' features, like say Time Machine, Tivo, and DLNA Server.

If you want any of those features, roll back the f/w, and I'd suggest V1.0.9.42 as it seems to be the most stable. Of course you'll lose any fixes and security updates since then (that actually work) and have to stay on that f/w and lose all future fixes and enhancements, but Netgear knows what is best for you.

See https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/DLNA-OFFICIALLY-removed-from-R7000-on-latest.... As you can see in that thread, no official Netgear response either.

Armour I guess is an additional money stream for them so they don't care about what you use or why you bought the router. Shows you how much they value customers and why they bought the routers, doesn't it?

Message 2 of 3
GRYnio
Aspirant

Hi Mate,

Thank you. Much appreciated. I rolled back to previous version and can enjoy the music again. Cheers. GRY++

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7