Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to updated Firmware in Advance Settings in Routerlogin Portal or on App

FritzK
Initiate

Unable to updated Firmware in Advance Settings in Routerlogin Portal or on App

I have tried several times to updated the firmware from the router login websiteas well from the app.

The auto update on the router login did not work, so I went to the advanced tab to where you can upload the file.  This seemed to work, but it never updated the file itself.  It does the updating and rebooting and when I check the firmware, it is still the same number. 

I disconnected the power to the router for several minutes and repeated these same steps of locating the latest firmware file and it goes through the same steps with updating and rebooting, again, the same firmware number is shown.

I attempted to do this same thing from the app and states it failed to download.

The router is AC4000 Tri-band WiFi Router - Model R8000P

Any help is greatly appreciated.  

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Unable to updated Firmware in Advance Settings in Routerlogin Portal or on App

what firmware version are you on? 

If its the .50 version, its been an issue. You can contact support and some have gotten their devices rma'd for it. 

Other's have followed this guide: 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/R8000P-V1-4-1-50-Update-workaround/m-p/21718...

Message 2 of 4
FritzK
Initiate

Re: Unable to updated Firmware in Advance Settings in Routerlogin Portal or on App

That sounds like my issue. I will call them on Monday as it is Mother’s Day and I spent enough time on this today.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Good luck!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7