Unable to (wireless) network scan with Brother MFC-8910DW and Nighthawk R7000

speedy240
Aspirant

Unable to (wireless) network scan with Brother MFC-8910DW and Nighthawk R7000

Recently discovered that the Access Control function of the R7000 router (Firmware vs. V1.0.4.30_1.1.67) partially blocks the scan function of a wireless networked Brother MFC-8910DW (Windows 10, software and firmware up to date), even when the option "Allow all new devices to connect" is enabled.  With Access Control enabled, one can print and "see" the scanner.  Scans will start but the data is not transferred.  Another adverse effect is that the Remote Setup will not work through the utility or via the web service.

So far I can't figure out if this a settings issue with the R7000 or a bug.

Message 1 of 5
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Unable to (wireless) network scan with Brother MFC-8910DW and Nighthawk R7000

Hi @speedy240 How is the printer connected? Wired or wireless?

If you turn off the Access Control will the data be transferred?
You may also want to try this beta firmware.

Do not forget to reset after uploading the firmware.

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 2 of 5
speedy240
Aspirant

Re: Unable to (wireless) network scan with Brother MFC-8910DW and Nighthawk R7000

Dear Customer support,

I installed the beta firmware as suggested but the problem remains.  However, I temporarily connected the printer via an Ethernet cable and it works as advertised.  So the Access Control bug affects only wireless connections to this scanner.

Message 3 of 5
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@speedy240 Thank you for the confirmation. I will forward this to our engineering team for further investigation.

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 4 of 5
VE6CGX
Master

You did not mention scanner used to work fine. Any chnges made like firmware update. Also did you

insall the printer software suite as a whole(nothing left out). Tried Brother tech support?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E