Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unreliable 5G NightHawk

Ravens_Watch
Aspirant

Unreliable 5G NightHawk

Wow!

Just purchased a new Netgear NightHawk router (Make & Model is unimportant) and can say that buying it was a mistake!

First, why do I say that the make & model are not important?  Because looking over this site, I've noticed that other people are having the same issue.  So this is a NetGear issue!

Second, the NightHawk router is slow.  I have 1 Gig fioptics service.   This router can only handle about 60% of that at best, despite their own equipment is indicating that I have a faster connection!

Third, the so called security actually slows Internet speeds down to 100 or 200 mbps.  I shut that part down and there is no way that I would pay for that sub-standard service!

Fourth, Netgear's customer service is a joke.  Having a chat conversation should not take five minutes or longer for each response!

Fifth, not a single device I own can use Netgear's Nighthawk 5g wireless service.  To claim that this is a duel band router is a flat out deceptive lie.  Far too many Netgear customers are reporting 5g issues.  This is a hardware issue!

What a piece of junk!

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Unreliable 5G NightHawk

What is the brand and model# of the NG router. There are lots of different model router and not all are having problems with wifi so it's hard to know what is work and what is NOT working. 

If, not, then return the unit and find something else that works for you. 

Message 2 of 4
Ravens_Watch
Aspirant

I will be buying an Asus as a replacement for this Netgear Nighthawk.  What was really frustrating was the lack of customer service - the person on the other end must have been watching/playing video games!

I have other routers, so replacing this Nighthawk isn't a big deal to me!

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements