Highlighted
Follower

Update phone number instructions

Will someone provide complete instructions for updating the phone number ?

Thank you 

Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Update phone number instructions

I am not sure what you are asking can you provide some more details?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Tutor

Using the Netgear Nighthawk app with 2-FA enabled, it asks to verify my identity through mobile text or email. Your account profile does allow you to easily change email but nowhere is an option to update the phone number. The preferred option to verify with 2-FA because it’s quicker and easier. But I had to switch to a new mobile phone number for personal reasons, now because of your lack of changing the phone number I cannot use the preferred easier method for verification. Many people who hasn't their number changed for whatever reason cannot update their account with Netgear. Please get with the program and fix this simple issue.
Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Tutor

Sorry had to repost full message with edits (damn auto correct) because no way to edit previous post. So annoying. Here's the edit...
Using the Netgear Nighthawk app with 2-FA enabled, it asks to verify my identity through mobile text or email. Your account profile does allow you to easily change email but nowhere is an option to update the phone number. The preferred option to verify with 2-FA is by text msg to mobile because it’s quicker and easier. But I had to switch to a new mobile phone number for personal reasons, now because of your lack of updating the phone number in account, I cannot use the preferred easier method for verification. Many people who had their number changed for whatever reason cannot update their account with Netgear. Please get with the program and fix this simple issue.
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

flowjoe, 

May you send me a private message with your email, phone, and a preferred contact time. I'll have our support team reach out for assistance.

Christian 

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Tutor

Hello All:

After working directly with Netgear support, this is how I was able to update / change my phone number when one has the iPhone/iOS application (apparently this is not a problem with Android, but I cannot confirm this):

1. Login to Nighthawk app, click Home icon at the top left, click Account Management > Login Settings > Two-Step Verification > (after app circle finishes "whirling") > SMS Text Message > Left swipe on your number to "Remove Device"

- Note: If you don't have this, or did it already then skip to the next step

2. Login to my.meural.com  The Log In button is at the top right. Next I had to identify myself through email verification, then you can either choose to "Trust" or "Don't Trust" the browser; only choose Trust if you are on a private device.

3.  Click in the circle with your initials where the login button was located. Click on Account Settings.

4.  Click Login Settings > Two Step Verification > click the "Add SMS Verification" button, and then enter the code that comes to your mobile device. Now you should be all set.

5. You can verify by logging back into the Nighthawk app (refer to step 1) to confirm that your number has been added and updated.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements