Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Update update r7000 v1.0.9.64 broke smart home/wifi connectivity. How to get this info to support?

Update update r7000 v1.0.9.64 broke smart home/wifi connectivity. How to get this info to support?

It is so irritating that you can't get 'support' unless you pay for it (after 90 days). But how are you supposed to get information to the developers - like your firmware broke some of my smart home devices - and oh with 1.0.9.64 I would need a wifi extender to get the same range I got before? .64 broke some other things as well so I dropped back to .60 and now smart home is good but wifi connectivity is still bad so I may drop back further. So how does one get this info to support anyway?

Thanks!

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Aqualung1
Luminary

Re: Update update r7000 v1.0.9.64 broke smart home/wifi connectivity. How to get this info to suppo

@DallasRedHead wrote:

It is so irritating that you can't get 'support' unless you pay for it (after 90 days). But how are you supposed to get information to the developers - like your firmware broke some of my smart home devices - and oh with 1.0.9.64 I would need a wifi extender to get the same range I got before? .64 broke some other things as well so I dropped back to .60 and now smart home is good but wifi connectivity is still bad so I may drop back further. So how does one get this info to support anyway?

Revert to .42 and wait for better days. .42 has been rock solid for me and many others.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies

Re: Update update r7000 v1.0.9.64 broke smart home/wifi connectivity. How to get this info to suppo

@DallasRedHead wrote:

It is so irritating that you can't get 'support' unless you pay for it (after 90 days).But how are you supposed to get information to the developers ...

That's what this place if for.

You aren't the first to moan about this firmware. The developers already known about it. But who knows when they will come up with solutions?

I assume that you tried a reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash.

Message 2 of 7

Well yes and no. I had to do a factory reset because of some other issues (I'm thinking now it stemmed from .60) and when I did it automatically 'upgraded' to .64. I didn't do a factory reset again after that. Should I have done so? 

I saw where people were doing it after flashing but since this I was starting clean anyway I didn't think I needed to do it again.

Message 3 of 7

@DallasRedHead wrote:

I saw where people were doing it after flashing but since this I was starting clean anyway I didn't think I needed to do it again.

That is logical and makes a lot of sense.

Sadly, we are talking about Netgear firmware there, where logic and sense don't always apply.

No harm in trying. After all, you have nothing much to lose. No settings that need tortuous reworking.

Message 4 of 7
Aqualung1
Luminary

@DallasRedHead wrote:

Revert to .42 and wait for better days. .42 has been rock solid for me and many others.

Message 5 of 7

Yes, I plan to drop back to .42. I don't usually update the firmware right away but since I was having probs with .60 I was hoping it would have been fixed in .64 but it was worse....

Message 6 of 7

Yeah that didn't work but thanks anyway so I will just drop back until they get this resolved. At least I know .42 works (for me anyway...).

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7