Updated Time Warner to Spectrum and they changed something that won't allow me to connect to router

bknight
Follower

Updated Time Warner to Spectrum and they changed something that won't allow me to connect to router

I called and upgraded my service from Time Warner to Spectrum and they doubled my speed.  Shortly after my router quite talking to modem.  I've reset and rebooted and my devices see the router wifi but won't allow me to connect. I tried to use laptop Ethernet to access and it wouldn't connect. After working on it all day my iPhone started working out of nowhere and my Laptop wifi. My other devices iPad, dish, and other devices won't allow me to connect.  Is there something I'm missing? How could the modem cause so much problems when everything was working fine.

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router,R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
LeeH
Prodigy

Re: Updated Time Warner to Spectrum and they changed something that won't allow me to connect to rou

Not sure what router you have and what firmware you are running.

I have Time Warner (Spectrum) too.  I logged into my Time Warner modem/router and turned off the wireless radios and then set it to run as a bridge.  If you are unable to do that I think Time Warner tech support can do that for you remotely or at least talk you through it.  You will need to reboot your Netgear router after this is done.

The wireless signals form your Time Warner modem/router may be interfering with the signals from your Netgear router.

Message 2 of 3
William10a
Master

Re: Updated Time Warner to Spectrum and they changed something that won't allow me to connect to rou

You are better off with the modem in bridge mode since specturm (bright house) (twc) all threee the same company modem routers are not the best and you have limited control over them.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E