Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Use Netgear Router with T-Mobile Home Internet 3TG00739AAAA

TontMorton
Follower

Use Netgear Router with T-Mobile Home Internet

I have recently replaced Spectrum with T-Mobile Home internet and need to know how to use my router with the T-Mobile interface

Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

Re: Use Netgear Router with T-Mobile Home Internet

What router do you have? 

And what Tmobile hotspot/home internet device did you get?

Message 2 of 9
MW79
Initiate

Im trying to connect my R7800 router to a new T Mobile G5 Home Internet Gateway.  Previously, I used a Cable modem with Comcast.

When connecting to the T-Mobile Gateway to the WAN Port of the R7800 I see ethernet speeds 1/10th of what a wifi connection to the T Mobile gateway produces.

What are the optimum R7800 settings to connect to the gateway?

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 3 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Does the G5 have a built-in wireless router? If so you will need to set it to modem only when connected to the Nighthawk router.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 9

@DarrenM wrote:

Does the G5 have a built-in wireless router? If so you will need to set it to modem only when connected to the Nighthawk router.

If that isn't possible – not all gateways allow modem only mode – an alternative is to put the R7800 into wireless access point (AP) mode.

But then beware this:

Disabled Features on the Router when set to AP Mode | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 5 of 9
MW79
Initiate

Bridge mode is not available on the G5.  Yes it has Triband WiFi. Useing the R7800 as an access point, surrenders the benefits of including it I'm my network.  I have connect with double NAT. My test show no IPv6.  The G5 is a Nokia product, WiFi directly to it yields a 100 mb/s connection, twice as fast as connecting through the R7800.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 6 of 9
bjkaufman
Aspirant

Use Netgear Router with T-Mobile Home Internet

Will the Netgear EX6400 work with the T-mobile NOK 5G21 Gateway Internet device.  If so, how would I hook it up?  Does it have to go through a router?  I do have a Linksys EA6350 router.

Model: EX6400v2|AC1900 WiFi Mesh Extender Essentials Edition
Message 7 of 9

Re: Use Netgear Router with T-Mobile Home Internet

@bjkaufman wrote:

Will the Netgear EX6400 work with the T-mobile NOK 5G21 Gateway Internet device. 

That is probably an unanswerable question without a lot more information.

First you need to work out what this "T-mobile NOK 5G21 Gateway Internet device" can do. We can't do the research for you. Ask the people who made it how you can connect it to a router or extender.

Then you need to decide what you are doing with this Linksys EA6350 router.

The you could look at what the EX6400 is intended for. It is a wifi extender. That means it works with your existing wifi and router and spreads it out into a wider area. How you do that – as a wifi repeater or a wireless access point – is up to you.

None of your questions has anything to do with the Nighthawk WiFi Routers covered in this bit of the Netgear community.

Finally, please do not hijack a discussion that someone else has started on a completely different subject. If you do want help, try starting your own discussion and pick a section that has something to do with what you want to ask about. This might be one place:

WiFi Range Extenders & Nighthawk Mesh - NETGEAR Communities

Message 8 of 9

@MW79 wrote:

Useing the R7800 as an access point, surrenders the benefits of including it I'm my network. 

Not sure what "surrenders the benefits" means.I guess it depends on what you mean by "how to use my router with the T-Mobile interface".

If you don't want AP mode, you can set up the R7800 in "Bridge Mode" as a wireless repeater.

The R7800 will not work as a router in bridge mode, but it can expand the coverage of your wifi. That seems to be one useful benefit.

@MW79 wrote:

The G5 is a Nokia product, WiFi directly to it yields a 100 mb/s connection, twice as fast as connecting through the R7800.

Again, I don't know what that means. You have measured the wifi speeds to the R7800 and compared them with the Nokia?

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7