Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Use of Nighthawk with Arlo Pro 2 in China

chiengweesiong
Aspirant

Use of Nighthawk with Arlo Pro 2 in China

Hi, I have been using my Arlo Pro 2 with Nighthawk R8500 since last week in China. It worked well until three days ago, with error message saying the base is offline. I tried all troubleshootings including opening ports 80, 123 and 443 but the base is still offline. I used the same ethernet port for other gadgets and the internet works perfect. Other ports are not working for Arlo Pro as well. Anyone knows what else could go wrong?

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Use of Nighthawk with Arlo Pro 2 in China

There are no port forwarding required for operating an Arlo Base (or the base-less Arlo camera models). Port 443/TCP and 80/TCP must be open for outgoing connections.

Any indications of malfunction on the Arlo Base -> My Arlo base station is offline; how can I troubleshoot it? ?

I suggest to file a similar post on https://community.arlo.com/ as Arlo is an independent organisation now.

Because of the "great wall", things might work different in mainland China. No idea or insight how Arlo has set-up their infrastructure, DNS names, and so on for China.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

There are no port forwarding required for operating an Arlo Base (or the base-less Arlo camera models). Port 443/TCP and 80/TCP must be open for outgoing connections.

Any indications of malfunction on the Arlo Base -> My Arlo base station is offline; how can I troubleshoot it? ?

I suggest to file a similar post on https://community.arlo.com/ as Arlo is an independent organisation now.

Because of the "great wall", things might work different in mainland China. No idea or insight how Arlo has set-up their infrastructure, DNS names, and so on for China.

Message 2 of 3
chiengweesiong
Aspirant

I guess you are right as the opened ports do not change anything. I shall file in arlo community as suggested. I believe the great wall plays a part in this. Thanks.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7