Using Goolink app to connect to a dvr with wireless cameras doesn't work with Nighthawk AC1900 Route

dnelsonuecllc
Aspirant

Using Goolink app to connect to a dvr with wireless cameras doesn't work with Nighthawk AC1900 Route

AC1900 R7300 Nighthawk Router

Goolink Android/IOS App won't connect to dvr, but did before switching to Nighthawk router

Message 1 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Re: Using Goolink app to connect to a dvr with wireless cameras doesn't work with Nighthawk AC190...

Hi dnelsonuecllc,

What error message you are getting with the app? Are the cameras already connected to the network?

Message 2 of 9
dnelsonuecllc
Aspirant

Re: Using Goolink app to connect to a dvr with wireless cameras doesn't work with Nighthawk AC1900 R

Yes. They are wireless cameras. Finally got it working though I'm not sure how lol
Message 3 of 9
dnelsonuecllc
Aspirant

Re: Using Goolink app to connect to a dvr with wireless cameras doesn't work with Nighthawk AC1900 R

I spoke too soon. I can only connect to the NVR when I'm connected to the home network. Otherwise it doesn't work
Message 4 of 9
dnelsonuecllc
Aspirant

The Goolink app connects to the NVR quickly when my android phone is connected Nighthawk AC1900 Router.  When I try to connect via 4g lte on my phone, the app returns "device is offline" 

Message 5 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi dnelsonuecllc,

What configuration did you do on your previous router for the NVR and the Goolink App to work? Have you tried contacting Goolink or the NVR for any recommendation?

Message 6 of 9
dnelsonuecllc
Aspirant

I never had to do anything with my old linksys router that was installed prior to the nvr.  Downloaded the app and connected to the cameras right off and was able to view them via wifi or lte anywhere.  It is only after installing the Nighthawk router that this is an issue.  Probably port forwarding, but I cannot seem to get that to work, either, based on the information here in the forum.

Message 7 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi dnelsonuecllc,

Have you tried port forwarding already?

Message 8 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi dnelsonuecllc,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E