Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Using R7000. Windows has detected an ip address conflict

StanH
Tutor

Using R7000. Windows has detected an ip address conflict

My windows 10 computer used to be able to connect by WIFI to 5G & 2.5G channel from my Netgear R7000 router. Now it connects to 5G but will not connect to 2.5G. Startup sometimes produces the message "windows has detected an ip address conflict." Could there be a problem related to the router?

What is the nature of my problem and how can I fix it?

Genie 2.4.26
R7000 firmware V1.0.9.12

Computer is a Dell Studio 1555 laptop

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
StanH
Tutor

Re: Using R7000. Windows has detected an ip address conflict

I shut everything down as suggested including the router and restarted. That seemed to fix it. I could connect the laptop at 2.4G and 5G.

That was previous. Today it only connects at 5G again -- not 2.4G. Windows message: We can't connect to the internet right now. Please try again.

Why would the ability to connect a computer to the internet depend on which channel is used? What might fix this?

New: I restarted the router but left the laptop on. Now both 2.4G and 5G connect OK. What does this mean?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
StanH
Tutor

Re: Using R7000. Windows has detected an ip address conflict

I shut everything down as suggested including the router and restarted. That seemed to fix it. I could connect the laptop at 2.4G and 5G.

That was previous. Today it only connects at 5G again -- not 2.4G. Windows message: We can't connect to the internet right now. Please try again.

Why would the ability to connect a computer to the internet depend on which channel is used? What might fix this?

New: I restarted the router but left the laptop on. Now both 2.4G and 5G connect OK. What does this mean?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7