Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

V 1.0.2.84 Firmware update disabled WAN port

KenR7800
Initiate

V 1.0.2.84 Firmware update disabled WAN port

Just updated firmware using the Nighthawk GUI via a browser…updated perfectly…now WAN port does not work. Router is offline and LED for WAN port is amber. WHAT TO DO? 🙏
Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
KenR7800
Initiate

Re: V 1.0.2.84 Firmware update disabled WAN port

Thank you.
I did a hard reboot…didn’t help. I use a Spectrum cable modem to connect the router to the internet. I first uploaded the new firmware thru the Router GUI via a browser. After some poking around….I decided it might have become corrupted during the upgrade process…so I downloaded the firmware onto my phone, transferred it to my computer, unzipped it, then uploaded manually thru the Router’s GUI.

Low and behold….that worked!

I appreciate you chiming in…I was quite out of sorts at the time. Netgear will not pick up the phone since the router was purchased in 2020….and it was their firmware and their GUI I used….for crying out loud. Anyways….thank you again!!!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

what modem/gateway is it connected to? 

anytime there's an issue after an update, I usually start with a factory reset and reinstall.

Have you tried this?

Message 2 of 3
KenR7800
Initiate

Thank you.
I did a hard reboot…didn’t help. I use a Spectrum cable modem to connect the router to the internet. I first uploaded the new firmware thru the Router GUI via a browser. After some poking around….I decided it might have become corrupted during the upgrade process…so I downloaded the firmware onto my phone, transferred it to my computer, unzipped it, then uploaded manually thru the Router’s GUI.

Low and behold….that worked!

I appreciate you chiming in…I was quite out of sorts at the time. Netgear will not pick up the phone since the router was purchased in 2020….and it was their firmware and their GUI I used….for crying out loud. Anyways….thank you again!!!
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7