Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

V1.0.5.64 Official F/W 2.4Ghz can't connect to, rejects P/W.

IrvSp
Master

V1.0.5.64 Official F/W 2.4Ghz can't connect to, rejects P/W.

Just noticed this. Has been working fine since I installed it over the last Beta (.62) and reset and re-entered ALL settings.

Last night a friend was over and tried to connect to the 2.4Ghz SSID, rejected for wrong P/W.

[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 54:4E:90:D2:F1:CC, Friday, May 27,2016 20:31:53
[WLAN access rejected: incorrect security] from MAC 54:4E:90:D2:F1:CC, Friday, May 27,2016 20:30:50

Connected properly right after that to the 5Ghz band...

Checked this morning, NO devices on the 2.4Ghz band? Attached devices show NONE on 2.4Ghz:

Capture.JPG

Access Control is odd too:

Capture1.JPG

Sort of indicates only one is on the 5Ghz band? Also nothing shows for my friends iPhone that connected, but maybe I must have AC on, forgot?

Don't have time to test now, but will later and report back. Will force and iPad to 2.4Ghz and see what happens?

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
IrvSp
Master

Re: V1.0.5.64 Official F/W 2.4Ghz can't connect to, rejects P/W.

OK, it appears to be working FINE right now? Now that I think back about it last night I verbally gave the passphrase and was told it was wrong. I took the iPhone and entered it myself with the same result? I then connect to the 5Ghz band. I wonder why the log did NOT show 2 fails, only one?

Any way I just moved my iPad from the 5Ghz to 2.4 Ghz band and connected with the stored passphrase. So I 'fogot' that network and it automatically switched to the 5Ghz band (correctly). I then MANUAL chose the 2.4Ghz SSID and enter the passphrase and it connected? I don't know what happened last night.

The Attached devices now (compare to before above) is correct:

Capture.JPG

The ACCESS CONTROL list (it is NOT enabled) however still shows the SSID on Wireless for the first device, not all wireless devices? Should it?

Capture1.JPG

Just wondering, but for now, it seems to be working fine? I did NOTHING to the router, left it as it was last night. Only connected from this PC and the iPad to the router using the Genie via a browser on each. iPad Genie of course stays open and when I went back to the PC it correctly said only one could connect, did I want to connect and drop the other user which I did.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
IrvSp
Master

Re: V1.0.5.64 Official F/W 2.4Ghz can't connect to, rejects P/W.

OK, it appears to be working FINE right now? Now that I think back about it last night I verbally gave the passphrase and was told it was wrong. I took the iPhone and entered it myself with the same result? I then connect to the 5Ghz band. I wonder why the log did NOT show 2 fails, only one?

Any way I just moved my iPad from the 5Ghz to 2.4 Ghz band and connected with the stored passphrase. So I 'fogot' that network and it automatically switched to the 5Ghz band (correctly). I then MANUAL chose the 2.4Ghz SSID and enter the passphrase and it connected? I don't know what happened last night.

The Attached devices now (compare to before above) is correct:

Capture.JPG

The ACCESS CONTROL list (it is NOT enabled) however still shows the SSID on Wireless for the first device, not all wireless devices? Should it?

Capture1.JPG

Just wondering, but for now, it seems to be working fine? I did NOTHING to the router, left it as it was last night. Only connected from this PC and the iPad to the router using the Genie via a browser on each. iPad Genie of course stays open and when I went back to the PC it correctly said only one could connect, did I want to connect and drop the other user which I did.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7