IrvSp
Master

V1.0.9.26 R7000 release Update 'problem'

I saw the 'beta' appears to be officially released (https://www.netgear.com/support/product/r7000.aspx#download) so I d/l'ed it. Since there was no notice posted though, I decided to check via the router's UPDATE ROUTER page. Yes, it found it, so I installed from there.

Well, I though I 'bricked' the router. I was on V1.0.9.18 (never installed the beta). It was d/l'ed and the install started. Bars went all the way across, but the connectiod on the SYSTRAY never changed? I looked at the router, power light was blinking orange. OK, it didn't finish. Five minutes later, still blinking... oh oh...

With a deep breath I pressed the power button. Took a few minutes but the router came up OK.

Not sure went on or why? Have never seen this happen before.

Just posting in case others should see this or have not installed yet to be aware of what might happen? YMMV.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Re: V1.0.9.26 R7000 release Update 'problem'

Good feedback. Could have been a close escape there.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 4
aboyko
Aspirant

I had the same experience today with my R7000, updating to V1.0.9.26 from .19 or whatever it had been, via the banner at the top of the admin UI. Progress bar maxed out, power led flashing orange, the device was half-alive (existing connections weren't broken, but DNS was dead). I power-cycled it and it came fully up after a while, with the UI showing the updated version but the firmware itself not updated. I said "what the heck" and tried updating again, which has appeared to work. Thought I might have a brick for a while, though, and wasn't excited about learning how to play TFTP games.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4
IrvSp
Master

@aboykowrote:

I power-cycled it and it came fully up after a while, with the UI showing the updated version but the firmware itself not updated. I said "what the heck" and tried updating again, which has appeared to work.

How did you determine the firmware wasn't updated?

I just checked my router by going to the Advanced page for router update and checked for update. Said no new update available. Even on the Advanced tab even shows it is installed as did the log when the router initialized again? What my Advanced tab shows under Router Information:

Hardware VersionR7000

Firmware VersionV1.0.9.26_10.2.31

GUI Language VersionV1.0.9.26_2.1.38.1
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements