Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

V7000 V D7000 V2

Macmike47
Follower

V7000 V D7000 V2

Hi, I have  D7000 Nighthawk purchased some years ago (around 5 years if my memory serves me correctly) and have been looking to upgrade. I note there is a Version 2 out now, what is the difference between Version 1 and version 2?

Secondly I have an aging Apple wireless network (9 years old) and I am thinking of ungrading it to the Netgear Orbi RBK 50. My intention was to use my current D7000 in modem mode only and utilise Orbi as my sole wifi network. I read that a dedictaed modem only such as the Draytek Vigor 130 allied to the Orbi is a better solution, any thoughst would be greatly appreciated.

I am with Plusnet in the UK and have a fibre boradband speed of 35mps download.

cheers

Mike

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: V7000 V D7000 V2

@Macmike47 wrote:

My intention was to use my current D7000 in modem mode only and utilise Orbi as my sole wifi network.

I did this with a D6400.

That worked fine. Until I had a power cut.

When the power comes back on the modem can take too long to connect and the router times out. Then the network fails to come back up.

I'd try it and see. If you do have a power cut, you will know what to blame.

I eventually replaced the D6400 with a DM200. (I am on BT's VDSL.) I have no idea how that compares with the Draytek. I just didn't want to grapple with yet another graphical user interface and set up process.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7