× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

VLANed home network help

thompsondc
Tutor

VLANed home network help

So I've just gotten the Microtik RB4011iGS+RM, and I'm planning on setting up or home network into VLANs, so that My work computer, my wife's work computer, and our personal devices are on 1 vlan, or kids' devices are on another vlan, and our smart home stuff is on a third vlan. I also want our network printer and NAS to be accessible for all vlans (not sure if they need their own vlan).
I have a netgear gs108t (managed) switch, a gs308e(v1), two TP-Link TL-SG105, a nighthawk x4s, Linksys ea4500, and two old wrt54gs routers.
I plan on using the gs108t to support a physical location that will have the NAS, printer, and at least one device from each vlan. The other dumb switches can be used anywhere i need more wired ports, and i can use the other routers as simple access points. The RB4011iGS+RM will do all of the routing, subnetting, nat, and DHCP. It'll be the only thing connected to my ISPs modem, vida cat6.
Can someone essentially "hold my hand" through configuring the RB4011iGS+RM? I know it's much simpler than most configurations, and I've tried to do my own self-teaching. The RB4011iGS+RM and gs108t are Christmas presents, so the setup won't occur for a few weeks, which is why I'm getting ready now.

Model: GS108T|ProSafe 8 ports gigabit smart switch, GS308E|8 Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Plus Switch, R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 3
microchip8
Master

Re: VLANed home network help

You're on a NETGEAR forum. If you need help configuring the Mikrotik, I suggest visit their forums

Message 2 of 3
thompsondc
Tutor

Re: VLANed home network help

@captainobvious: I know this. In case you didn't read my post, I'll need to configure the GS108T, as it's a managed switch.
I also figured the community would be knowledgeable and friendly enough to offer advice. Or, simply neglect to respond negatively, without useful information.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements