VPN passthrough on X6 R8000

wxgs_333
Aspirant

VPN passthrough on X6 R8000

Just bought a nighthawk X6 R8000 and set it up as the AP mode for better coverage. Every device connects fine except my company's laptop... The laptop uses Cisco VPN connection every time connecting to an external network so that it automatically gains access to company's internal network. It works fine when connecting to the modem (also has wifi function), but simply cannot establish the VPN connection when the WIFI is connected to the R8000... Searched online and tried several things, like adding the default DMZ server, checking the "response to ping", unchecking the IGMP, but nothing really worked...One thing I did notice: occasionally when the router was rebooted, or changed mode from AP to non-AP, or non-AP to AP, the laptop could connect successfully. But once disconnected, it then couldn't connect any more.. 

Does anyone else have similar problem? Any fix yet? Thanks in advance~

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3
JamesGL
Master

Re: VPN passthrough on X6 R8000

Hi wxgs_333,

Update the router to the latest firmware.

https://kb.netgear.com/000052298/R8000-Firmware-Version-1-0-4-4

reset and reconfigure after the update.

Message 2 of 3
wxgs_333
Aspirant

Re: VPN passthrough on X6 R8000

Hi JamesGL, thanks for the hints.
Unfortunately it still didn't work after the firmware update, reset, and reconfigure... Right now I'm using the default settings ( as a router). Any other setting needs change? Thanks!
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E