Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: VPN setup

Smokie365
Tutor

VPN setup

I'm sorry if this has already been asked but I am having huge trouble with virgin media YouTube and Netflix buffering, can I set up a vpn on my Nighthawk router so that everything on my network goes through a VPN? A lot of my devices are not computers so clients can not be installed on them, if the router is set with the VPN would all devices connected to it be utalsiaing the VPN? Obviously there ip would be in my range but outside traffic will think it's coming from somewhere other than Virgin media servers.

Thanks for reading
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Hi Smokie365,

That is correct. The router can only be set as the VPN server via the OpenVPN and passthrough if using other VPN service but will be able to do configuration as a client.

JamesGL

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi Smokie365,

The router can serve as the VPN server via the OpenVPN but it cannot be set as the VPN client. If you have other VPN server then the router can be a VPN passthrough.

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Smokie365
Tutor

Thanks James
So what I am looking for is not available unless I go with ddrt or something similar??
Message 3 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi Smokie365,

That is correct. The router can only be set as the VPN server via the OpenVPN and passthrough if using other VPN service but will be able to do configuration as a client.

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7