VPN

RoatanMitch
Follower

VPN

Hi All - I have a R7800 updated and i am having problems with the VPN dropping. Some days it doesn't drop at all and others it drops every minute.  The company i work for uses Cisco AnyConnect secure Moble Client. Is it anything on the router i can check to give an idea what may be wrong.  Also i have looked at the logs and i am getting a constant DOS from an internal ip of 192.168.1.20.  There isn't anything on that ip. my dhcp starts at 100 and all my static ip are below 10.  Any ideas?  TIA

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 3
mfifield01
Tutor

Re: VPN

Since I updated to 1.0.2.52, I haven't been able to get OpenVPN to work at all. It worked fine previously.

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: VPN

@RoatanMitch wrote:

The company i work for uses Cisco AnyConnect secure Moble Client. Is it anything on the router i can check to give an idea what may be wrong.  Also i have looked at the logs and i am getting a constant DOS from an internal ip of 192.168.1.20. 

Disable the DoS detection on your router - it's a common source of false positives anyway.

@RoatanMitch wrote:

There isn't anything on that ip. my dhcp starts at 100 and all my static ip are below 10.

In other words, there is no 192.168.1.20 IP addess on your LAN? That's even more strange - or a potentially yet another false positive.

@mfifield01 wrote:

Since I updated to 1.0.2.52, I haven't been able to get OpenVPN to work at all. It worked fine previously.

Unrelated to the OP using the router for a VPN-pass-through to his business VPN.

v1.0.2.25 has automatically updated the OpenVPN configuration from MD5 to SHA256 signed certificates, thus you need ot fetch the OpenVPN config form the router and deploy ot the clients again.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements