Re: Very low download speed with C7000v2 – Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router

altamang
Tutor

Very low download speed with C7000v2 – Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router

Hello everyone,

Our download speed had been alway kind of slow. but lately it has become impossible. Just now I got something like 5.6Mbps. Right now I am connected to the modem router via a laptop. But we get the same spped when we connect via iPhone and TV too.

Could someone offer any help? Thanks a lot. AL

C7000v2 – Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router

I have attached some files, not sure how long it will take to upload.

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 12
altamang
Tutor

Re: Very low download speed with C7000v2 – Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router

I am uploading one more image since I was only limited to one image in my earlier post. Thanks.

Message 2 of 12
plemans
Guru

What speeds do you pay for? 

What speeds do you get over a hardwired connection? Not wireless but hardwired. go to dslreports.org and use their speedtest setup. 

when you log into the C7000, click on the internet connections page and it should take you to the modem connections. This is the connection back to the isp. take a screen snip of the upload/download with all the data. That lets us look at a snap shot of the quality back to your isp. 

Current Setup: CM2000-> SXK30-> GS716v2-> RAXE500->
Message 3 of 12
altamang
Tutor

Hello, We pay for Xfinity X1 STARTER PRO DOUBLE $79.99 Internet Download as fast as 500 Mbps. We will be happy even with half of that. Smiley Happy They claim Inernet Download as fast as 500 Mbps

But we will be glad to get even half of that. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 12
altamang
Tutor

Here is the other requested file. Not sure if I am showing the right info. Thanks a lot!

Message 5 of 12
plemans
Guru

your line has a bunch of errors and is way out of spec on some channels. channels 3-8

a couple things you can try. remove any splitters, attenuators, amplifiers from your line. move the modem/router directly to where the coax enters the home and re-test. reason why I recommend this is most isp's charge if the problem is internal to the home. external they're usually responsible. by moving and seeing if it fixes the channel issues, you prevent it from being the wiring internal to the home. 

if it still has those issues, your isp needs to check your line for issues. 

Message 6 of 12
altamang
Tutor

Today I tested again and I got a Download speed of 171Mbps. This is from the setup where I I used to get like 10Mbps earlier. I have not moved anything in terms of Router etc. What does it mean? May be the internal wiring is Ok. It has something with the external bandwidth? Thanks much.

Message 7 of 12
additude
Virtuoso

Do you have some other equipment on that COAX that could possibly "load" it down?

Anything?

Do you live in an apartment complex where someone might have "tapped" your cable?

Dust, Dirt,Moisture in any of the COAX connections can wreak havoc.

Message 8 of 12
plemans
Guru

@altamang wrote:

Today I tested again and I got a Download speed of 171Mbps. This is from the setup where I I used to get like 10Mbps earlier. I have not moved anything in terms of Router etc. What does it mean? May be the internal wiring is Ok. It has something with the external bandwidth? Thanks much.

Did you ever get your isp to check your line? 

Or did you remove any splitters or anything from your line?

Reason why I asked is you have a ton of errors and your power specs are way out of what they should be. You won't get consistent results or even the speeds you're paying for if you don't get that fixed. 

Message 9 of 12
altamang
Tutor

I live in a house. I had an unused enternet cable attached to the Modem router. I removed it. The thing is when I reboot the Modem router, it starts with good spped. But after a few days the speed goes down. Not sure why. The modem router is connected directly to the cable outlet on wall. The 2 other ethernet ports on the modem router are connected to 1) A device to transmit solar power generation 2) to a MagicJack adapter (phone).I just now tested and got 88.8Mbps. I will be happy to have that speed.

Message 10 of 12
altamang
Tutor

Thanks. I am plnning to move the modem router to the cable outlet where it enters the house. And see if something else inside the home is inserting the noise etc.

Message 11 of 12
plemans
Guru

Try that. If it doesnt' help, you really really need them to check your line. 

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements