Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Very low signal strength on Nighthawk X6 even with close proximity

zabdiel
Follower

Very low signal strength on Nighthawk X6 even with close proximity

I've attached two photos of the computers we're working with; the first image shows the distance between the router and the primary computer (the desktop is slightly tucked away below the desk), then the second shows the distance between the office (to the right) to the secondary computer down the hall. With the first pc, we get around ~50% signal strength, and ~33% with the latter with repeated packet loss. We have already gone through the basic troubleshooting, contacted NETGEAR support and gone through their troubleshooting, as well as proccessed an RMA form (we are getting the same results with another Nighthawk X6). Also, each of the pc's, as well as 2 others all have unique wireless adapters and antennas, so I don't believe that could be the issue.

Is there anything else we can do? Or is this just normal?? Thank you for your help.

office2.pngoffice1.png

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: Very low signal strength on Nighthawk X6 even with close proximity

Hi zabdiel,

I would suggest to call support team again to inform them that the same problem happens on the replacement unit.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Re: Very low signal strength on Nighthawk X6 even with close proximity

Hi zabdiel,

I would suggest to call support team again to inform them that the same problem happens on the replacement unit.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7