Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

W2000RPT v2 Is there a later, better extender recommended?

dbbrooks
Aspirant

W2000RPT v2 Is there a later, better extender recommended?

I'm using a Model W2000RPT v2 Universal WIFI Extender with the most recent firmware upgrade. This unit is picking up a signal broadcast from my home 300 feet +- away. This router is several years old. Given the nature of computer electronics, I wonder if there is a better extender available and recommended.

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: W2000RPT v2 Is there a later, better extender recommended?

there are better extenders available. but I doubt you'll get better distance. 

Reason why is its a limit of broadcast strength. Its set by the fcc and extenders/routers were hitting the max a while ago. there's been slight improvements in speeds with 2.4ghz because of AX but not much on distance. 

5ghz doesn't broadcast as far as 2.4ghz and you're broadcasting 300ft so you won't see much improvment going 5ghz because I doubt it'll reach. 

And 300+ft is simply impressive that you're hitting that distance. 

If you're needing faster speeds, over 100-150ft I usually recommend people move to a point to point system. LIke netgear airbridge. that'd bump your speeds up by quite a ways but is a much more expensive option.

Or bury a cable. you can run ethernet up to 300ft. after that it'll have issues and/or probably not work at all. 

Message 2 of 3
dbbrooks
Aspirant

Re: W2000RPT v2 Is there a later, better extender recommended?

Thank you.

I broadcast my wifi signal via antenna from my home Spectrum internet account. We are picking up the signal via the W2000RPT v2, a repeater, I think. It works, so I guess I should just stay as is.

Appreciate your time,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7