Highlighted
Follower

Weak WiFi signal

I have the R7500 v2 connected in a seperate room about 30 feet away on a single story home. Internet bandwidth up to 300 mps and my PS4 always has a weak signal to my router(2.4). We have around 10 devices connected at any given time. QoS is activated and set to highest priority. The WiFi signal is at 38% from the room where play station is located. What can I do to boost my signal ? I bought this router specifically to have strong WiFi signal in the home and my PS4 seems to have the worst connection in home
Model: R7500v2|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi
Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
Master

Re: Weak WiFi signal

Moving the router to different locations and play with the antennas may help, you also could use a power line adaptor with wifi to use the home wiring as a lan cable too connect the two rooms if no location or arrangement of the  antennas makes a difference.

You said you had a router that you replaced a router over the wifi issue if you still have it, yiu may be able too run a lan cable from one room to the other room you could use it as access point would save you money if you need a wifi enable source in the tv's room.

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted

Re: Weak WiFi signal

@William10a wrote:

...you also could use a power line adaptor with wifi to use the home wiring as a lan cable too connect the two rooms if no location or arrangement of the  antennas makes a difference.

An advantage of this idea, which I use for some devices, is that you can use a wired connection as well as the wifi.

If the PS2 has a LAN port and it doesn't move around the place, that could give you an even better connection.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements