Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What do I need to reinstall with new PC?

mjjss
Aspirant

What do I need to reinstall with new PC?

My PC recently crashed and I now have a new one (Windows 10). I plugged in the router and it works fine, and I am able to log into the router admin. But I can't recall: Do I also need to install software or other hardware?

Model: R7000P - Nighthawk AC2300 Smart Wifi Router

Firmware:  ?

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: What do I need to reinstall with new PC?

Your R7000P has 2 different radios. A 2.4ghz radio and a 5ghz radio. Its designed for this. 2.4ghz penetrates further and through more materials. 5ghz doesn't transmit as far but has much higher speeds. 

there's benefits to both as well as some devices only support single band operation. So you'll want to leave both up and running. I'd make sure your high bandwidth devices (streamers/gaming devices) are on the 5ghz and the lower bandwidth or devices that are further away on the 2.4ghz. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

No, you can access it through the web browser. go to routerlogin.net while plugged in/connected to the router.

what modem are you using?

Message 2 of 5
mjjss
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. My modem is an Arris Touchstone CM8200.

I'm not sure if this is allowed, but can I ask another question within this thread? I had the router set up for two networks (is that the correct word?), 1 at 2.4 Ghz and the other at 5 Ghz, different channels and I think different distances. I don't remember why I did that. Is there another advantage to that, and if I wanted to go with just one, how do I change it to one network at 5 Ghz at max distance from the router?

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

Your R7000P has 2 different radios. A 2.4ghz radio and a 5ghz radio. Its designed for this. 2.4ghz penetrates further and through more materials. 5ghz doesn't transmit as far but has much higher speeds. 

there's benefits to both as well as some devices only support single band operation. So you'll want to leave both up and running. I'd make sure your high bandwidth devices (streamers/gaming devices) are on the 5ghz and the lower bandwidth or devices that are further away on the 2.4ghz. 

Message 4 of 5
mjjss
Aspirant

Thanks so much.

@plemans wrote:

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7