Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What does an amber, rather than usual white, light indicate on one of the device lights?

skippermikeb
Aspirant

What does an amber, rather than usual white, light indicate on one of the device lights?

I currently have two computers connected to the routeer.  The indicator lights have always shown white for the respective two connections.  Now one is showing amber??

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 5
microchip8
Master

Re: What does an amber, rather than usual white, light indicate on one of the device lights?

Amber means it's running at 100 Mbps instead of 1 Gbps. I'd try a new cable if you're sure your PC is capable of 1 Gbps speed

Message 2 of 5
skippermikeb
Aspirant

Re: What does an amber, rather than usual white, light indicate on one of the device lights?

I followed the sleeping computer suggestion and "woke up" the one sleeping computer - router light still amber??

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 3 of 5
microchip8
Master

You didn't mention you had a "sleeping PC". If a PC sleeps and WoL (Wake on LAN) is enabled, it runs at 10 Mbps and the router reflects this. If the PC is then fully booted and the router still shows amber light, either it's negotiating at 100 Mbps or you may need to try a different cable for 1 Gbps white light

Message 4 of 5
skippermikeb
Aspirant

Well .. The simple "wake up" didn't solve the issue, but a reboot did.  As the computer came back up, the router saw it and displayed a white indicator light.  At least in this instance, question solved.

Thanks for all who offered suggestions.

Mike

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7