What is the max speed I should expect from the Nighthawk R7000?

stevefox
Aspirant

What is the max speed I should expect from the Nighthawk R7000?

Hi, I just got hooked up to At&t 1 gig Fiber and wondered what speed to expect. I have some slowdown on my LAN that limits it to 100 Mbps at this time. Have to try a laptop hooked onto the At&t modem. Not sure what could be slowing it down. Perhaps wired house wall plugs. When I test from the Nighthawk app I see 400 Mbps up and down from Speed test. Is that to the Internet or just my At&t modem? Should it be higher on gig connection from Nighthawk box to Internet? 

Any advice appreciated...

Steve

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3

Re: What is the max speed I should expect from the Nighthawk R7000?

@stevefox wrote:

Hi, I just got hooked up to At&t 1 gig Fiber and wondered what speed to expect. I have some slowdown on my LAN that limits it to 100 Mbps at this time. Have to try a laptop hooked onto the At&t modem. Not sure what could be slowing it down. Perhaps wired house wall plugs. When I test from the Nighthawk app I see 400 Mbps up and down from Speed test. Is that to the Internet or just my At&t modem? Should it be higher on gig connection from Nighthawk box to Internet? 

Wifi speeds or wired speeds?

What is the AT&T modem?

Have you disabled QoS?

What are these "wired house wall plugs"?

Some older LAN devices are limited to 100 Mbps. It is down to the hardware.

There is support for the R7000P, including a manual, somewhere at the end of this link:

There is support material, including a manual, for the R7000 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> R7000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 3
stevefox
Aspirant

Re: What is the max speed I should expect from the Nighthawk R7000?

@michaelkenward wrote:

@stevefox wrote:

Wifi speeds or wired speeds?

wifi is 200 Mbps, Wired is 100 Mbps. Plugging LAN cable into Nighthawk with a laptop directly I get 400 Mbps. So I 

need to test my houses internal cables and outlets.

What is the AT&T modem?

Have to look it up, a UVerse box.

Have you disabled QoS? Have not tested that.

No

What are these "wired house wall plugs"?

Gigabite switch in the wall unit.

Some older LAN devices are limited to 100 Mbps. It is down to the hardware.

Upgraded all switches to gigabit.

There is support for the R7000P, including a manual, somewhere at the end of this link:

Thanks

There is support material, including a manual, for the R7000 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> R7000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E