Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What is the setting HT160 for?

soaxm1
Follower

What is the setting HT160 for?

HI,

I'm new to the Community. I bought a new Netgear and have configured it but there are some setting I'm not familiar with and want to know what these setting do or what they are for. As I come across a setting that I'm not familiar with I will post to see if someone can educate me. If I ask a question about a setting that has been asked before (and I'm sure I will), Please bear with me or direct me to the sticky, link or post where the answers are located.

I will always search the internet first to see if I can find the answer before I come here looking for the answer. 90% of what I have already configured I do understand, it's that 10% that gets me and take up a lot of time searching and trying to understand it. If I'm asking a question here that means that I couldn't find the answer on the Internet or I found the answer but couldn't understand it (what I was reading or hearing).

Thanks in advance for helping me to understand my router and which will help me understand my whole network better and other things I can do with this Beast of a router.

Smiley Happy

Question:  What is the setting HT160 under the MU-MIMO setting for?

My router model is AD7200 (R9000)
Router Firmware Version V1.0.2.32

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: What is the setting HT160 for?

According to the help section on the bottom it says "HT160 can improves 11ac WiFi performance" notice the error in gramma, but I can never enable mine, I just think its one of the many problems on this BETA or should I say ALPHA Router people are getting, the list grows every day.

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

According to the help section on the bottom it says "HT160 can improves 11ac WiFi performance" notice the error in gramma, but I can never enable mine, I just think its one of the many problems on this BETA or should I say ALPHA Router people are getting, the list grows every day.

Regards

Message 2 of 3
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Enabling this option (HT160) will increase the channel width and speed provided that your wireless clients must also support HT160.

For the grammar, I have forwarded it to the proper department to have it corrected.

Thank you!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7