Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Where is the ADSL Line Sync status on R7000

Tehcookiemonsta
Aspirant

Where is the ADSL Line Sync status on R7000

As the Title says, ive got to be missing it even though it seems like ive looked everywhere. i can't find the ADSL line sync page?

Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 20

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: Where is the ADSL Line Sync status on R7000

Are you sure you have a R7000? It doesn't have an ADSL modem. It's a pure router.

You may have a D7000. In that case the ADSL stats should be on the "show statistics" page reachable from the Advanced home page.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 20

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Are you sure you have a R7000? It doesn't have an ADSL modem. It's a pure router.

You may have a D7000. In that case the ADSL stats should be on the "show statistics" page reachable from the Advanced home page.
Message 2 of 20
Tehcookiemonsta
Aspirant

Just realised, that it can only be seen on the modem, my bad i'm still a noob at networking , although studying.

My Modem router is bridged to my R7000 however i can't view the modem router after bridging it to the R7000. Am i also mean't to enable bridge mode on R7000

Message 3 of 20
rpoffen
Virtuoso

Once in bridged mode, you likely cannot see the modem itself, it is simply a translator for the DSL to ethernet. You must leave your R7000 in router mode though or you will not be able to login to your ISP (which probably uses PPPoE), nor will your clients be able to get an IP address (the R7000 is the DHCP server).

Message 4 of 20
TheEther
Guru

Many modem/router units will continue to have an IP address for management purposes. Often, it will use the same address before bridge mode was enabled. If you remember what it was, then try it.

It may be possible to discover the address using a traceroute. On Windows, open a Command Prompt, and enter "tracert <ipaddress or hostname>". Use any Internet address or website. For example, "tracert netgear.com".

If your modem has an IP address, it will often be displayed as the second hop in the tracert output.
Message 5 of 20
Tehcookiemonsta
Aspirant

Hey , I tried traceroute, however the second IP is defintely not in my network. traced to google.com.au second IP 10.20.23.174 had 18ms

First IP was the R7000 which i know.

Message 6 of 20
TheEther
Guru

10.20.23.174 could very well be your modem's private IP address.  Try entering that address into your browser.

Message 7 of 20
Tehcookiemonsta
Aspirant

I did that...

My Modem was on a Class C network i uset to kno its IP however, the first time when i bridged my R7000 to the modem router  i tried to go back to my Modem routers page and it just didn't work. Am i also mean't to enable bridge mode on my R7000's side too?

Message 8 of 20
TheEther
Guru

No.  Leave your R7000 configured as a router, especially since your modem/router is in bridge mode.

Can you tell us more about the bridge mode on the modem/router? What is the model of the modem/router?

On some models, bridge mode is more like a glorified DMZ instead of a true bridge mode.  That is, one device (e.g. a personal router) is designated to share the modem's public IP address and is given any traffic that is not specifically directed to the modem itself.  Any other devices plugged directly into the modem/router would continue to receive IP addresses assigned by the modem/router.  So, one thing you can try is plugging a computer directly into the modem/router.  If you get a private IP address, then the modem/router is behaving as I described.  You should be able to log in by connecting to the default gateway address.

Message 9 of 20
Tehcookiemonsta
Aspirant

Hello, So sorry for the delay and thank you.

My Modem is the netcomm nb604n combo

Message 10 of 20
TheEther
Guru

The default IP address used by the nb604n is 192.168.1.1. The R7000 uses the same address by default. You should change the R7000 to use a different IP subnet. Log into the R7000 and change its LAN IP address to 192.168.2.1 and click Apply. The devices connected to the R7000 will need to obtain new IP addresses, so either reboot or disconnect and reconnect them physically.

Confirm that you can log into the R7000 by either going to routerlogin.net or 192.168.2.1. If that works, then try connecting to the modem at 192.168.1.1.

If that still doesn't work then try connecting a computer directly to the modem thru one of its Ethernet interfaces and retry 192.168.1.1 or whatever IP address is listed as the default gateway by your computer. Alternatively, connect to the modem's Wi-Fi network, provided that it is still enabled. Then, connect to 192.169.1.1 or default gateway as before.

If, after all, you still can't log into the modem, then rpoffen may be right that the modem cannot be accessed once it is switched to bridge mode. You may just have to live without knowing the DSL link stats.

As a last resort, you can reset the modem to factory defaults by pressing the reset button. According to the nb604n user guide, hold it down for 3 seconds. This should revert the modem back to router mode. You should then beer able to log in and check the line stats. Then, enable bridge mode. It's painful but it should work.
Message 11 of 20
Tehcookiemonsta
Aspirant

Hey, I plugged one of my pcs directly into the Modem and got an ip which worked thank you!

However i tried to get onto this ip without being connected directly to the modem and it didn't work. I am on two different lans right?

Message 12 of 20
TheEther
Guru

Yes, the modem is still maintaining a LAN for directly connected devices and is separate from the LAN behind your router.  As I mentioned before, you should insure that your router is using a separate IP subnet than the one maintained by the modem.  For example, if the IP address you obtained while plugged in directly to the modem was 192.168.1.X, then you need to reconfigure your router to 192.168.2.1.  Once you do this, you should be able to reach the modem from behind the router.

Message 13 of 20
Tehcookiemonsta
Aspirant

Hello, I changed my Routers IP to the 192.168.2.X network however i still can't reach the modem.

Message 14 of 20
TheEther
Guru

I'm running out of ideas. Does the WAN interface of the R7000 have a 192.168.1.X address? Or does it have a publicly accessible IP address? If it's the former, then bridge mode is not enabled, but you should be as able to log into the modem. If it's the latter, then perhaps the modem cannot pick out traffic destined directly for it (I.e. you can't log into it from a device behind the R7000).

Message 15 of 20
Tehcookiemonsta
Aspirant

Hello Ether, I don't understand what you mean?

Message 16 of 20
TheEther
Guru

When you log into your R7000 and click on the big Internet panel, is the Internet IP Address something like 192.168.1.X or something else?  If it's something else, don't post it here or only provide at most the first two numbers.

Message 17 of 20
Tehcookiemonsta
Aspirant

Oh thats what you mean't, It shows my Public IP address. Not private.

Message 18 of 20
TheEther
Guru

Ok, then I guess you cannot access your modem from behind the router.  You will simply have to plug directly into the modem.  Or keep Wi-Fi enabled on the modem and join it whenever you want to check the line stats.

Message 19 of 20
Tehcookiemonsta
Aspirant

Thank you Ether

Message 20 of 20
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements