Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Which Netgear Router

tasumegam
Follower

Which Netgear Router

I want to buy a router. Wirecutter.com says get the Netgear r7000p. I’ve heard Netgear makes some good stuff, so I checked them out and holy crap do they make a lot of routers that all seem the same.

My budget is around $180 or less, unless going up another $20 gives me something ground breaking. I’m replacing a TP Link TL-WDR3600 which is already, but requires reboots all too often, especially during big downloads and is a little unreliable in some sections of my house. It sits in the middle of the 2nd floor of a 3 story house that is 20 ft wide, 50 ft long and in the suburbs. I’m a light gamer and I’ve got kids that are always streaming video. My main 4K tv is wired in (not on WiFi).

Any thoughts on a good router at the moment? Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Which Netgear Router

Do you mind renewed products? 

If not, go to amazon and type netgear AX5700 renewed. It device it pulls up is the RAX75 but you won't see the model listed. Its a lot more capable and cheaper than the R7000P. Its a much newer device and even if you buy an aftermarket warranty, you'll still come in under that budget. 

I wouldn't recommend the R7000P, I'd go with the R7800 over it or a newer generation AX device. 

Message 2 of 3
microchip8
Master

Re: Which Netgear Router

The R7800 is no longer sold, unless you go refirbished or second hands. I recently bought a RAX43 for 170 euro's and am very pleased with it. Firmware has a few bugs but I can live with it and hopefully NG will iron them out. The RAX43 has been very stable on me, currently with an uptime of 46 days with no issues whatsoever.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7