Re: Which Router works best with Nighthawk EX8000 Extender?

dag19
Aspirant

Which Router works best with Nighthawk EX8000 Extender?

Howdy!

I currently have the Nighthawk X6S Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender (EX8000) and am looking to purchase a new router to go with it.  I was looking at the R7000P and the R7900P but not sure which would work best with my Extender.  Can you guys help give me some guidance?

Thanks in advance!

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO,R7900P|Nighthawk X6S Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 1 of 4

There's not likely to be much difference.

Is this extender working as a wifi repeater or a wired access point?

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 4
dag19
Aspirant

It's acting as a WiFi Repeater.

And that makes sense, can't imagine it should cause any issues. What do you think about the Repeater with router brands other than Netgear? Any potential for issues there?
Message 3 of 4

Different makes should be equally happy with different sources. They just eat the wifi from one source and pass it on.

I'd look at secondary factors, like the ability to control the devices using the same software.

Netgear seems to go out of its way not to work with rival products. But that may not apply to other makers. They may well play ball with Netgear's kit.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E