Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Which router and extender to use with ATT fiber? (newbie post)

cmmv40
Aspirant

Which router and extender to use with ATT fiber? (newbie post)

I've been searching forum posts, and it looks like a lot of extremely tech-savvy people here. I definitely lack in those skills, so please bear with me .... 

We are having ATT fiber installed next week. I have also ordered ATT's Wifi Gateway to go along with it. Our house is a two-story box, and we would like to have the Wifi reach both floors as well as two separate outdoor spaces (where we plan to have pods of children for remote learning throughout the schoolyear). There isn't a lot of square footage involved, but we would need to have a strong signal available everywhere so that the kids can stay reliably connected, and so that the adults can also work. 

It's my understanding that we will need 1) a wireless router (like ATT's Wifi Gateway that's being delivered along with the fiber service), as well as 2) one or more extenders. 

Should we stick with the ATT product for the wireless router? Or should we replace it with another product? And which extender has worked well with this service? 

I would need everything to be basically plug-and-play since I have only a basic skill level. 

THANK YOU so much for any advice! 

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

Re: Which router and extender to use with ATT fiber? (newbie post)

Why not see if the stuff you have ordered meets your needs? Worry about spending more money later.

If you do need more, try plugging your needs into the filters on the product pages:

Wireless Routers for Home | NETGEAR

and

Orbi: Whole Home WiFi System for Better WiFi Everywhere | NETGEAR

Then check back here for reports on the things you are considering, but remember that people turn up in this community with problems, not compliments. So look at reviews on Amazon, for example.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies

Why not see if the stuff you have ordered meets your needs? Worry about spending more money later.

If you do need more, try plugging your needs into the filters on the product pages:

Wireless Routers for Home | NETGEAR

and

Orbi: Whole Home WiFi System for Better WiFi Everywhere | NETGEAR

Then check back here for reports on the things you are considering, but remember that people turn up in this community with problems, not compliments. So look at reviews on Amazon, for example.

Message 2 of 3
cmmv40
Aspirant

Will do - thank you for the advice! 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7