Highlighted
Follower

Which router has the possibility to use IP isolation on guest network while router is in AP-mode

At the moment I am using a server which is alos the DHCP server here. The server is connected to the WAN port of my R8000 Nighthawk router. At the LAN Port of this R8000 is a managed swith from Netgear where the other PC's and other equipment is connected.

So far so good.

The R8000 router is also the wifi accespoint, so I have set in the settings of the R8000 the router in AP-mode. So I get the IP adresses from the DHCP server which is connected at the WAN port.

Now I want to switch on the guest network. But here it is impossible to uncheck the ' allow guests to see the local network' . I don't want to allow guests to see the local network. But this isn't possible with the R8000 in AP-mode. 

I want to buy a new router which does prevent guest users to see the local network in AP-mode of the router.

Which model is capable of IP isolation in aP-mode?

Thanks, Bart

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Guru

Re: Which router has the possibility to use IP isolation on guest network while router is in AP-mode

@KlankBart wrote:

Which model is capable of IP isolation in aP-mode?

I don't know of any Netgear routers that have this in AP mode.  You could get a real AP - for instance the WAC505 lets you set enable client isolation on an SSID.  I'm sure that other Netgear APs have this feature, the WAC505 happens to be one I have.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements