Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Which router

jj13
Aspirant

Which router

Just moving in to a 3000 sq/ft, single level open concept home.  I purchased the CM1000 modem and was looking for recomendations for a router.  No gamers in the house, just basic use and smart home stuff.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Which router

Older doesn't mean thatt its bad. 

My RBK53 system is still better than running a single RAX200 and a EX8000 together. Its also more consistent and reliable than the Arris AX11000 mesh system I played with. 

If it was me? And if the orbi is providing the speeds/coverage you need? I'd be sticking with Orbi until the AX stuff comes down in prices and has time for the firmware to mature. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

I'm a fan of the triband orbi's. They've got great coverage, you can add extra satellites easily if you need to, they use single ssid function, and just work. 

Message 2 of 5
jj13
Aspirant

Thanks.  I actually have an older Orbi mesh system.  I was wondering about the WiFi6 with my new service and thinking about the RAX 40 or possibly the Nighthawk Mesh WiFi6.  The Orbi Mesh WiFi6 is a bit out of my price range.

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

Older doesn't mean thatt its bad. 

My RBK53 system is still better than running a single RAX200 and a EX8000 together. Its also more consistent and reliable than the Arris AX11000 mesh system I played with. 

If it was me? And if the orbi is providing the speeds/coverage you need? I'd be sticking with Orbi until the AX stuff comes down in prices and has time for the firmware to mature. 

Message 4 of 5
jj13
Aspirant

Thanks

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements