× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WiFi Range Extender

jkeane204
Aspirant

WiFi Range Extender

I cannot get my new WiFi range extender to work. I have tried all of the recommended methods and have looked on YouTube and followed the method recommeded for this model. I have tried reaching Netgear Support but they are always busy. Nothing seem to work!

Model: WN3000RPv3|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3

Re: WiFi Range Extender

Greetings,

Its going to be pretty hard for us to try and assist with the information you've provided.

"I can't" - which doesn't say much

"Tired all of the reccomended methods" - which doesn't say what you did or what happened when you did it.???

What hardware you are using the extender with, etc?

Lots of holes here and not a lot of information for us to go on.  We'd like to help, but will need more information about your environment, the steps you performed and any errors you received, etc. in order to do so.  

Message 2 of 3
jkeane204
Aspirant

Re: WiFi Range Extender

I followed all the instruction in the NetGear Quick Start that came with my WiFI Range Extender Model No. WN3000RP. I followed the instruction under "Connect to an Existing WiFI Network, Connect with WPS. In step 2 it states, "When the extender connects to your existing WiFi network, the WPS LED on the extender lights solid green (it never did) and the Router Link LED lights (it never did). I tried this step many many times. The instruction then say, "If it still does not light, see Connect with Web Browser Setup on page 8.

I tried the instructions on page 8 titled, "Connect with Web Browser Setup". Step 1 states, "Use a WiFi network manager on a computer or mobile device to find and connect to the extender WiFi network NETGEAR.EXT." I did that and did not find the NETGEAR EXT on my ThinkPad computer or my Apple IPAD.  The next sentence in the instructions states, "After the connection with the computer or WiFi device is established the Client Link LED lights" The connection was never made so the LED light did not light. 

When I first tried to connect the WiFi Extender it was approximately 6 feet away from the router which is a Netgear AC1200 Smart WiFi Router Dual Band Gigabit, WiFi speeds up to 300+900 Mbps, Model No. R6220, purchased on May 26, 2019. The computer was in another room. I tried it another way by putting the Extender and the computer in the same room as the router.  I then put the Extender and the computer very close together, that didn't work either. Then I put the Extender 12 feet away from the router and the computer 12 feet away from the Extender. That didn't work.

I then followed two YouTube videos with basically the same instructions as found in the Quick Start booklet. They didn't work either. When I say "that didn't work" I mean both the "Connect with WPS" and the " Connect with Web Browser Setup" methods did not work.

Is there any other information you need?

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7