Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WiFi dropout

Paperboy61
Tutor

WiFi dropout

I am suffering a lot of dropout on my network - about 2-3 times a week at least. Re-starting the router always fixes it, but is a real nuisance. Is this a problem with the R7000 or could it be my Virgin V6 box to which it is connected - and how can I tell?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Paperboy61
Tutor

Re: WiFi dropout

Hi, the firmware version is V1.0.11.126-10.2.112

I can't see anything that resembles a model number on the V6 box, but it was upgraded to the latest one two weeks ago, if that helps

The Virgin box is in modem mode

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

we'd need more details to help.

1. what firmware is on the r7000? (don't say the latest)

2. what actual vigin box is it? it should have a model number on it. 

Is the R7000 in access point mode? 

or the Virgin box in passthrough mode? 

Or the netgears IP address in the vigins DMZ?

Message 2 of 4
Paperboy61
Tutor

Hi, the firmware version is V1.0.11.126-10.2.112

I can't see anything that resembles a model number on the V6 box, but it was upgraded to the latest one two weeks ago, if that helps

The Virgin box is in modem mode

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

I've seen several instances where passthrough/modem only mode wasn't functioning properly. 

a couple things I'd try. 

1. The 1.0.9.42 firmware for the R7000. install it over a hardwired connect, do a factory reset, and then during the install make sure not to use a backup configuration. Theres a few r7000's that just suck on the newer firmware for some reason. It could be  yours is one

2. if the vigin box isn't running properly in modem only mode, you could put it back in router mode, disable its wifi, and run the R7000 in access point mode. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7