Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WiFi light, internet, and alll band LEDs solid white and on, no wireless signal availabe

hunter_m13
Aspirant

WiFi light, internet, and alll band LEDs solid white and on, no wireless signal availabe

Hi, I recently moved to a new house and had to reconfigure our router. I reset the router to remove old settings, and configured it as an access point. However, after the router boots up, all LED lights come on like the should, but no wireless bands are broadcasted. The router worked fine at our old house with little to no problems. When looking on the Netgear Genie, the basic tab says WiFi is off, and the Advanced tab shows that none of the wireless networks are on, even though the wireless light is on, all the wireless band lights are on, After pressing "Apply" for turning on wirless, turning AP mode off then back on, and reconfiguring the network SSID and bands to what should be relatively unused in my area, I stiill cannot get it working. I am asking for help on a computer wired into the router, so the internet definitely is working. Fast.com claims i am getting 160 down so it isn't slow either. I have tried resetting the router three times already, powering on and off the router multiple times, as well as plugging the internet cord from the wall into one of the four LAN ports. I will admit that I'm not the best with networking, but i know a handfull about computers, and this seems like it should be working. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am at a total loss.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: WiFi light, internet, and alll band LEDs solid white and on, no wireless signal availabe

Make sure you are using correct power adapter

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
hunter_m13
Aspirant

Re: WiFi light, internet, and alll band LEDs solid white and on, no wireless signal availabe

Also, the channels are all reporting as 0 for wireless, even though i manually set them to 08 for 2.4 GHz, 44 for 5 GHz, and 153 for 5 GHz 2.

Message 2 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Make sure you are using correct power adapter

Message 3 of 5
hunter_m13
Aspirant

Apparently I had a netgear range extender and got the cords mixed up. Thanks!
Message 4 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thanks for reply most will not admit they used wrong adapter.

Glad it's working again!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7